“Home is where the heart is.”
Home is a place where our heart lives forever. Be it a building or bungalow, flat or duplex, it is a place where we find the ultimate peace. Wikipedia suggested that psychologically “The strongest sense of home commonly coincides geographically with a dwelling. Usually, the sense of home attenuates as one moves away from that point, but it does not do so in a fixed and regular way.” It is believed that the earliest homes that humans inhabited were caves and buildings such as huts and longhouses have been used for a living since the late New Stone Age.
In modern days, homes are categorised into different types such shut, flat, duplex, villa, villaments, condominiums, townhouse, beachfront houses, etc. Whatever ways it may be, it always remains connected to the heart of the owner. It is said that “a man’s home is his castle”. We always take extreme care of those things that is so attached to our heart. Whatever it may be, we would never want to lose it. A home that is so close to our heart is our prized possession. It not only gives us shelter but also helps us during our financial crisis. Thus, we value our home more than any other thing. A survey on UK property transaction statistics reckons the seasonally adjusted estimate of the number of residential property transactions increased by 0.1% between October 2018 and November 2018. In November 2018, non-adjusted residential transactions were approximately 5.0% higher than in October 2018. Year-on-year, non-adjusted residential transactions rose 7.5 % in November 2018 compared to November 2017. The resale value of a home increases year after year but to increase its value, we need to upgrade our home every year. I have listed below6 proven ways to increase the value of your home.
1. Amplify Your Curb Appeal: We all say that the first impression is the last impression. Somehow it is a human instinct that first impression counts. So, maintain the exterior of your property in such a way that it attracts a buyer at the very first glance. The look of the house from the street should be appealing. Repair and repaint the exterior of your home. Never make your property look dull. The paint that you choose should make the house look attractive to people passing by. To make your yard look more fascinating, free an extra square foot of exterior space and plant flowers and bushes or shrubs. Make the front look clean and green for a curb appeal.
2. Endorse the Appearance: Once the exterior looks good, take care of the interior. The kitchen and bathroom are mostly needed to be clean and odor-free and attractive. These are the two most important rooms in your home because it increases the value of the home to the highest level.Consumer Reports estimates that you can increase your home’s value by as much as 7% through renovation. So, remodel the kitchen and bathroom to upscale your home to increase its value.
3. Build it Bigger: The bigger the home the higher is its value. A spacious and bigger home attracts a buyer more than a smaller one. The value of bigger homes is much higher and also it is more tempting to the buyer. Along with its bigger size, it is also mandatory to keep it clean. The more you care about your home the more value you will get in return. So, think big and get big.
4. Make it Smarter: Like everything is getting smarter day by day, a buyer too would be more attractive to a smarter home. A survey in 2018 suggested that safety-enhancing gadgets top the list of “smart” technologies buyers want in their new home. Such safe and smart devices include carbon monoxide detectors, door locks, fire detectors, lighting, thermostats, and security cameras. Even if it doesn’t increase the value much it would attract buyers. The buyers who are technology lovers will definitely be ready to pay more for these items. The best thing is that unlike remodeling or repainting the home, you can easily install these items by yourself.
5. De-clutter Your Home: Try to keep your home clean and simple. Don’t overdo the interior and exterior. An excellent staging of your home makes it look good. De-clutter the extra things that you have in your home, trim the shrubs and bushes, dump the old mats, and faded curtains. Don’t go for expensive changes but an excellent and attractive staging can higher the value of your home.
6. Energy Efficient: Don’t make your home an energy hog. The less it consumes energy the more money you will save. It will also become the major selling point too. Low-cost electric items may cost you more. A good quality product would produce less energy, looks good, maybe guaranteed 20 to 30 years of life expectancy, and the important point is it is safe. So, go for the best and live the best life.
“People usually are the happiest at home.”_ William Shakespeare
To execute these ideas you need proper planning and of course money. Do not leave your home to be renovated for later. Expert says to do it today to lessen your hard work tomorrow. If you wait to fix all the damages together for later, it will cost you more. Your home is your biggest asset so taking care of it is your top priority. Home improvement loans in the UK are an easily available online loan, which may help you to execute your plan. But before renovating your home, plan your requirements carefully so that you may not exceed your budget. Your home is your asset so treasure it always.